Thanks all you good little Elves! I look forward to participating next year.
Make a post in your dA journal (please include this manual). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
The list (I've got 9)
1. I’d love some more comments on dA. I have a core of loyal Watchers, but it can feel a bit lonely from time to time. SeiAni and Cherrywind101 did this for me! Thanks guys!
2. A holiday card. I always recipocate with my own. E-mail me, I’ll e-mail you one in return!
3. A carton of egg nog. It’s somewhat difficult to find in the UK and it seems ridiculous to try to whip up a huge batch with dozens of eggs just for me. Or even tips on where to buy it in the UK! I never did get my egg nog, but I tried the Dutch Advocaat. While I enjoyed it, it tasted more like Bailey's to me than egg nog.
4. Feedback on my radio play, The Mesmerist. You can listen to it for free here: www.prx.org/pieces/55974-the-m… Note me—I’d love to hear what you think.
5. I need a new crow quill nib for pen and ink work. Mine gave up the ghost.
6. A book on watercolour technique. Anything would help me improve.
7. I’m so jonesin’ for OC artwork, it isn’t even funny. I really want a piece of Harvey chopping wood with an axe. Haha, don’t judge. Or anything at all. Draw me something. I’d be so pleased. Lucky me! SeiAni and Eeren were so sweet and did this for me. Thank you sooo much!
8. An artist to collaborate with on The Spy. (See the kind journal MaripazVillar made about this: maripazvillar.deviantart.com/j…) This is really important to me, I’ve worked very hard on it for the past year and have a publisher who might be interested in volume 1 at least. I really need a partner on this who enjoys drawing the 18th century and is receptive to a story that is action-packed but also quite heavy on dialogue. A better artist than I am would help, but it’s also hard to stay motivated without some kind of incentive to keep going.
9. A career in radio drama. Ha!
Wishes I granted:
I bought a commission which helped an artist raise money to see her fiance at Christmas.
I sent an e-card to an artist & a snail mail card to another artist.
I made something for another artist.
OC artwork for FadedLightning and x-chaoticdawn-x .
I sent stickers to another artist.
The Elves can reach me here on DA via note or on my email (fatoprofugus17 (at) yahoo.com).
I will be granting wishes until 6th of January 2015. You can select any other date you are comfortable with - there is no rule about this!