Second year of doing this … I love it! People are so generous, and I enjoy participating. My elves were busy last year. Last year, I wished for an artist/collaborator on The Spy. No one granted the wish per se, but now I do have a collaborator!!
See saniika for more info -
Elf christmas Wishlist 2015
Welcome to the project Elf Christmas Wishes 2015. Anyone can join, asking and giving. Id be happy to see you participating again and invite the new people too!
What also special about this year - its 6th year I host and participate
This year I start very early, since I want to give myself a lot of time to participate. I look forward to see your wishlists and stories about your experiences! Interested? Please scroll down!
How to make the list is easy:
Make a post in your dA journal (please include this manual - I won’t grant any wishes, if I see no manual). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium (
Make a post in your dA journal (please include this manual - I won’t grant any wishes, if I see no manual). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Anything Grumpy Cat
2. Recommendations for good, long-lasting archival ink pens with brush tip to cover large areas with uniform black. I have tried so many and they seem to run out of ink immediately. It’s very frustrating!
3. I seem to run out of the grey Copic tones very quickly. I am always looking for more greys.
4. Like last year, a holiday card. I always reciprocate with my own. E-mail me, I’ll e-mail you one in return!
6. I would really love for my poetry either to improve or to start getting published again (or both!). 2009 – 2013, I seemed to publish poetry like no tomorrow. Now, I haven’t published any in more than a year, and I still don’t have a first collection out.
7. The Shadow fan fic or artwork. That would really make my day. (Especially if it’s really romantic Lamont x Margo!) More info here: theshadowsanctum.deviantart.co…
8. Any recommendations on good audio/radio drama. I’m always looking out for new stuff. At the moment I’m compiling a master list of Christmas audio drama, so any tips on lesser known stuff, I would be very grateful for.
9. I wish someone would fund MaripazVillar to work on her comics full time. I just love reading her stuff and selfishly wish she could do that full-time to satisfy my yen for more Superstition.
10. Your good wishes and prayers. I would like to be able to stay in my country of residence with my partner come January 2016, so I’m hoping the Powers That Be will allow me to do so. Also the health and happiness of my family is paramount, so any wishes and prayers with even those abstract concepts in mind would be appreciated.
Wishes I granted
bloodrose83 - it's a surprise! Wait and see!
Nike-93 - it's a surprise! Wait and see!
The Elves can reach me here on DA via note or on my email (fatoprofugus17 (at) yahoo.com).
I will be granting wishes until 6th of January 2016. You can select any other date you are comfortable with - there is no rule about this!
I now have ideas for granting wishes for 4 others—let’s see if I can put them into motion!